The practice has operated a dispensary since 1997 and on average dispenses 8700 prescriptions per month. It serves those patients who live more than one mile from the village chemist shop. The dispensary is open Monday – Friday between 08:30 and 18:30. Belinda Mickleburgh has been the dispensary manager since it opened and eight dispensers work a rota within the dispensary.
Please note that the dispensary is closed for staff training on the First Tuesday of the month between 12:45-14:00.
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- In person – Due to COVID-19 please drop your repeat slip in the external post box with the required items clearly marked.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By EMIS Access – Please ask at the dispensary or reception for information
Please note we are unable to receive third party prescriptions
In view of the current COVID-19 situation we are accepting medication requests over the telephone between 10:00-11:00 and 14:00-17:00.
Dispensary Telephone Number: 01508 522769
The dispensary will text or telephone you to notify when your prescription is available for collection. Prescriptions dispensed by the local chemist will be sent directly, unless otherwise stated.
We have an automated system for dispensing patients who are on regular 28 day medication, once on the system you will be required to collect a few days before your medication is due to run out.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow three full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
You can request an appropriate appointment for your medication review instead, to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
If you need urgent medication, please speak to a member of the dispensary team, who will be happy to help.
Urgent medication out of hours
If you require urgent medication when the practice is closed, the following chemists will be able to help:
- Boots – Unit 5 Albion Way, Riverside Retail Park, Norwich. Telephone: 01603 662894
- Monday to Friday, 08:30-24:00
- Saturdays 08:30-18:00
- Asda – Acle Road, Great Yarmouth. Telephone: 01493 843900
- Tesco – Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, Norwich. Telephone: 0845 6779503
- Monday to Saturday 08:00-20:00
- Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Tesco – George Westwood Way, Beccles. Telephone: 01502 543847
- Monday 08:00-10:30
- Tuesday to Friday 06:30-22:30
- Saturday 06:30-22:00
- Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Haydens – High Street Surgery, Lowestoft. Telephone: 01502 580002
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.